Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Time zone warnings, part of PHP 7 New Features.
- [Voiceover] Another change in PHP 7…is that Time Zone Warnings have been removed.…In PHP 5, whenever you wanted to use a date…or time function, PHP would look and see whether or not…you had set date.timezone in your php.ini file.…You had to set something there.…If you didn't, then it would give you a warning.…It would still default to using UTC time,…but you'd get that warning.…And personally, I always found it very annoying.…In PHP 7, now it still defaults to UTC,…but you don't get a warning if date.timezone is not set.…
It may seem like a small change,…but I think it's going to improve the overall…developer experience.…
- Scalar type and return type declarations
- New operators in PHP 7
- Anonymous classes
- Arrays as constants
- Catchable exceptions and errors
- Integer division with intdiv()
- Deprecations and deletions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Major Features
3. Deprecations and Deletions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.