Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Text editor for Mac, part of PHP Essential Training.
- [Instructor] In this movie, we're going to make sure…that you have a good text editor installed.…This is what we're going to be using…to write our PHP code.…If you've been coding before,…then you may already have a favorite text editor,…and that's great.…You can feel free to use any text editor that you want.…The only requirement is that it needs…to just generate only text at the end.…That's what a text editor does.…It's very different from a word processor…like Microsoft Word.…That would be a terrible text editor.…And the reason why is because that is focused…on a different purpose.…It's about formatting a document,…so it keeps all sorts of extra information in the file…like where are your margins set,…what are your tabs set at,…what font is being used.…
All that information gets stored in there…and we don't want it in there.…We want just our code,…just the instructions that the Apache web server…is going to read and process.…In addition,…text editors or code editors…often have lots of nice features…that make it easier to use…
- What is PHP?
- Embedding PHP code on a page
- Inserting code comments
- Variables, strings, arrays, and Booleans
- If, else, and elseif statements
- While and for loops
- User-defined functions
- Function arguments and return values
- Debugging and troubleshooting
Skill Level Beginner
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. PHP Overview
2. First Steps
3. Explore Data Types
4. Control Structures: Logical Expressions
5. Control Structures: Loops
6. User-Defined Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.