The aim of this video is to make you understand how to subscribe a user.
- [Instructor] All right, so it is finally time…to subscribe a user to the plan,…and that's what we're gonna be doing in this video.…So we've created a form and a way for users to basically…submit payment information,…but now what we wanna do is actually finish that process…and allow, after they put their payment information in,…we wanna actually subscribe them to a certain plan…and put them on the subscription.…And that's gonna be the goal of this video.…So we're going to finally let a user sign up for a plan,…we're gonna process the subscription submission form,…and then we're going to set up the subscription…for the user, and put that customer on the plan officially.…
That'll also update stuff in the database,…and things like that.…And then we'll go check out the subscription details…in Stripe's dashboard or CRM on their website,…which is pretty cool as well.…So, we'll go through all of that.…Let's go ahead and get started…by working with the submission form,…and getting that so it will work…after someone submits payment information.…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.