MacOS comes with Apache and PHP pre-installed. Learn how to activate them, including in 10.8 Mountain Lion, older macOS versions, and Apple's newest 10.12, Sierra, operating system.
- [Instructor] macOS comes with Apache…and PHP already installed.…You just have to know how to…activate and start both products.…Prior to Version 10.8 Mountain Lion,…Apple included a user interface in System Preferences…that let you easily start and stop Apache…without knowing any special commands.…It was in the Sharing Pane, and it was named Web Sharing.…That was removed in Mountain Lion, though,…and now you have to do this work…from the Terminal application.…The steps I'll describe work in every version…of macOS, starting with Mountain Lion,…and including the more recent versions,…all the way up to the most recent…as of this recording, Version 10.12 Sierra.…
I'll open Terminal, now, if you don't have…a Terminal icon on your Dock,…press cmd and space, and type terminal,…and that'll open the window.…Then go back to the Dock, and right click…on the Terminal icon, and choose Options, Keep in Dock.…And now you'll be able to open a…command prompt whenever you want it.…To start up Apache, use this command,…sudo, for super user, then apachectl,…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund14h 32m Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.