The aim of this video is to make you understand how to index your models.
- [Instructor] Alright guys so we have done…all of the setup that we need to do,…and it's time to start indexing our models…and actually putting all of the information…that's in our database into our index as well…so we can start running searches.…So that's what we'll be focusing on in this video.…Alright so in this video we are going to make…all of our models searchable.…We're also going to run our initial index,…so that all of the information that's already…in the database will be put into our index.…And then we will add some new records to the database…and index those new records as they happen.…So now let's jump over into our code…and get this set up.…
Now before we can do, we can actually start indexing…the models, we do need to bring in the algolia…client for PHP, so we're going to run composer require…algolia slash algolia search.…Okay so this is what we wanna do,…algolia search dash client dash PHP.…Go ahead and click enter to bring in that package,…and this will connect everything that we need…so now laravel scout has basically the SDK in order…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.