In this solution to the challenge assignment, Kevin demonstrates how to create a new table for storing records about pages of content.
- [Instructor] I hope that you were able to complete…the challenge assignment successfully.…In this movie, I'm going to show you how I would do it.…So if you had any problems, you can just…follow along with me.…The first thing I'm going to do, is go into…my Command line application, that's Command Prompt…on Windows, or Terminal on a Mac.…And I'm going to use mysql -u root -p to login with…my password as the root user.…I'm also going to add another option here,…which is globe_bank_.…Now that I have my database created, I can specify it…on the Command line here, and it'll drop me…directly into it when I go into mySQL.…
I'll hit Return, it'll ask for my password.…Now that I'm logged in I'm already using…the Globe Bank database.…But if I hadn't specified that, like we did before,…I would also just simply need to say, USE globe_bank;…and that'll make sure that I'm using the right database.…Now, I'm ready to create my pages definition.…Now I composed this in a text editor, over to the side,…so that I had plenty of time to think about it,…
- Organizing project files
- Including and requiring files
- Working with URL parameters
- Encoding dynamic content
- Modifying headers and page redirection
- Creating forms and processing form data
- MySQL basics
- Using PHP to access database tables
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting database records with PHP
- Validating data
- Preventing SQL injection
Skill Level Beginner
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Start a Database-Driven Project
2. Build Web Pages with PHP
3. Headers and Redirects
4. Build Forms with PHP
5. MySQL Basics
6. Use PHP to Access MySQL
7. CRUD with PHP
8. Validate Data with PHP
9. Prevent SQL Injection
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.