In this solution to the challenge assignment, Kevin demonstrates how to create all the PHP necessary for the CRUD of the pages portion of the CMS.
- [Narrator] Hopefully you were able to complete…the challenge assignment and you were able…to implement the all the elements of CRUD…for your page management area.…If you ran into problems, don't worry.…In this movie, I'm going to show you…the solution that I came up with step-by-step.…Let's begin by looking all the different query…functions that I developed and…I put those all in the query_functions.php file.…You can see, we already had find_all_pages…but I added one for find_by_page.…It takes the id as an argument…and what it does is just simply finds…from the pages where the id is equal to that id.…
It passes that into mysqli_query, it gets back a result set,…we make sure that it is a result set…using our custom function.…We don't want to have a set anymore.…We just want to get the values out of that set.…So I went ahead and used fetch association…to get an associative array, assign that to page,…and then I can free up the result…and return the page back from the function.…Then we have insert_page.…For insert_page, I'm going to pass in…
- Organizing project files
- Including and requiring files
- Working with URL parameters
- Encoding dynamic content
- Modifying headers and page redirection
- Creating forms and processing form data
- MySQL basics
- Using PHP to access database tables
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting database records with PHP
- Validating data
- Preventing SQL injection
Skill Level Beginner
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Start a Database-Driven Project
2. Build Web Pages with PHP
3. Headers and Redirects
4. Build Forms with PHP
5. MySQL Basics
6. Use PHP to Access MySQL
7. CRUD with PHP
8. Validate Data with PHP
9. Prevent SQL Injection
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.