In this solution to the challenge assignment, Kevin demonstrates how to build a PHP page which links to another page, send and read a URL parameter with proper URL encoding, and display the results using proper HTML encoding.
- [Narrator] I hope you were able to complete…the challenge assignment.…In this movie, I'm going to show you…the solution that I came up with.…Make sure you watch it, because there are going to be a few…extra points that I want to make along the way.…Let's start by looking at it in a browser,…and then we'll look at the code second.…First, you can see that on the staff menu area,…I've added a new link for my main menu to pages.…When I click on that link,…it takes me to staff/pages/index.php.…And I've replaced the placeholder content that we had there,…with a list of the pages.…So now, I've got a list of pages,…showing me the basic attributes…of these four different pages…we would potentially manage in the future.…
Now, eventually, again, that'll be from a database.…But right now, we're just iterating through a sample list.…So I've got a list of those, and each one of those,…you can see has an ID associated with it.…And each one has a link that says view.…It'll take me to the show page, and when I do,…you can see it also includes the url parameter id=2.…
- Organizing project files
- Including and requiring files
- Working with URL parameters
- Encoding dynamic content
- Modifying headers and page redirection
- Creating forms and processing form data
- MySQL basics
- Using PHP to access database tables
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting database records with PHP
- Validating data
- Preventing SQL injection
Skill Level Beginner
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Start a Database-Driven Project
2. Build Web Pages with PHP
3. Headers and Redirects
4. Build Forms with PHP
5. MySQL Basics
6. Use PHP to Access MySQL
7. CRUD with PHP
8. Validate Data with PHP
9. Prevent SQL Injection
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.