This video walks you through the socialite controller and model setup.
- [Instructor] Alright guys.…Hopefully the last video helped clear up…what happens during the social sign in process.…That process, that OAUTH process, happens…every time we log a user in,…but, luckily, Laravel Socialite…is gonna make that process a whole lot simpler.…You do not have to remember every last step…because Laravel Socialite's gonna…handle a lot of that for you,…and we're just gonna pick up in a few important elements.…Now there are still some important things…that we have to manage our own,…and one of those is storing the information…for social accounts,…and that's we'll be focusing on…in this video is creating the models,…and controllers necessary to store…those social accounts into the database,…and linking them to the user accounts…that we have for authentication.…
So that's what we workin' on this video.…We're gonna create controllers,…and models that are going to be used…together to manage our social networks.…So when someone creates a new login…we're gonna store that in the database…so we can access it later,…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.