This video gives you an overview about how to set up a free trial or coupons.
- [Instructor] All right, so we're getting to the point…where we really understand…how to manage these subscriptions.…Now, there are a few last things I wanna talk about…before we wrap up this section.…And that is working with free trials and with coupons.…These are two things you might wanna do…for marketing purposes.…And so we're gonna talk about…how you can set up a free trial, how the free trial works,…and then we'll talk about how you can allow coupons…for your subscriptions as well.…So we'll cover both of those in this video.…So again, we're just gonna focus on those two elements,…How to enable a free trial…when you create a new subscription…and how to add a coupon to a subscription as well.…
Let's go ahead and take a look at this in the browser…and in the code.…All right, now, one thing I wanna mention…about the last video.…I did make a mistake.…And when we had this, Your subscription will not renew,…and we tested the onGracePeriod,…there is one bug that I didn't think about…and that is that you do need to make sure,…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.