This video gives you an overview about how to set up your project.
- [Instructor] All right, welcome back everybody.…We are now moving on to a brand new section.…So the previous section…was focused around Laravel Socialite,…so that we could work with social logins…and signing up social users.…Now, we're gonna be focusing on in this section a brand,…another official package called Laravel Scout.…So this is like again,…another official package,…officially maintained by Laravel,…but Laravel Scout makes it super easy…to create search features inside of your application…and also indexing your databases and your models, okay?…So it's all focused around creating…really good easy search experiences.…
And that's gonna be the goal…of this section is helping…you build better search functionality for your application,…and this is actually gonna be really cool,…because by the end of this,…we are actually going to be building something…that looks just as good as Google,…you'll also have live search updates,…auto completing as you type and stuff like that.…So we can build some pretty cool stuff with these tools.…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.