The aim of this video is to give you an overview about how to set up Twitter sign-on.
- [Instructor] Alright, guys, hopefully you really enjoyed…setting up Facebook.…Facebook was one of the slightly more complicated ones,…but the process to set up other social providers…is largely the same as we start setting these up.…We don't really need to change the code,…we're just gonna change a few settings…for our API keys and so forth,…and we're good to go.…Now, in this video, we're going to be setting up…another service provider, we're gonna be setting up Twitter.…There's one little gotcha with Twitter…which is why I wanted do a quick little video on Twitter…and then that'll also kind of reinstill the process…of setting up more service providers for you,…and you can just start setting up tons of service providers…by the time we're done with this video.…
So, in this video, we're going to go over to Twitter…and create a new app in Twitter,…just like we did with Facebook.…We're going to get the API keys there,…the Consumer_key and the Consumer_secret fields.…Again, remember I said every provider…has slightly different names for them.…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.