The aim of this video is to give you an overview of how to set up a Stripe test account.
- [Instructor] All right, so let's continue on now…by getting set up with Stripe.…We're gonna be using Stripe to handle the,…basically be our payment processor,…so we need to go over to Stripe and create an account.…So if you already have one, you can login to that account,…or you can create a new one.…Now this is actually free, don't worry too much about this.…This is a great way to follow along in this series,…even if you wanna use a different payment provider,…but Stripe is really good,…because it handles a lot of the complicated stuff for us,…like prorating subscription plans, and things like that.…But there are other competitors, like Braintree,…and others out there that do very similar things,…that you can also use…and let connect into a Laravel Cashier,…but we'll just be using Stripe for this tutorial,…just to kinda see how it works,…so we're all on the same page.…
And then of course, when you push into production,…you can use whatever provider you want.…So we're gonna go over, create a Stripe account,…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.