This video walks you through how to create a blog comments system.
- [Instructor] All right guys, welcome back.…So we are going to be working on…creating a Blog Comments System right now in this video,…and I know it might seem like a little bit of a review,…but that's okay, it's actually going to be…like a small little comments API,…and we're going to need this to be setup…so that we can start blazing ahead with Laravel Echo,…so I want to get this out of the way first.…I know it's a review for a lot of you,…but it might cover some stuff that you haven't seen before,…like working with an API and API routes,…and so, I think it'll be good to just to kinda see…what's going on and I want to create it,…because we're gonna be working in these pages…throughout all the rest of the videos in this section,…so I just want to kinda go on screen…and cover all this material.…
So, we're gonna start off by allowing users…to create comments for blog posts.…We're gonna save those via the API,…so those are gonna be API endpoints.…Our comments are going to have a relationship to post,…so a comment will belong to a post,…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.