The aim of this video is to make you understand how to perform server-side searches.
- [Instructor] Alright, so we have done a lot…to get set up here so we can start running searches.…And now we're gonna go ahead and actually start…running searches on the server-side.…So that's gonna be the goal of this video.…And in this video, we're gonna get everything set up…to start accepting searches.…We're gonna create a search interface…and create some search controllers,…and then, we'll process a basic search result.…And that's what we'll get done in this video.…And then in the second part, we'll go through…and get into some more of the advanced displaying…of the results back to the user and so forth.…Let's go ahead and get started cause there's a lot to cover.…
Alright, so now that we're inside of here,…we wanna go ahead and create that search experience.…Now, the first thing we need to do is we need…to create a route that we can use to run our searches.…So let's go into our routes file and create the route here.…Now the route that we want to create is gonna be…a simple get request, and it's going to be…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.