The aim of this video is to make you understand how to perform server-side searches.
- [Instructor] Alright, so we went ahead and got…started creating a server-side search experience.…And we did that in the previous video.…And now in this video we wanna basically just…pick up where we left off and just do a few last things…to finish up the project.…We're gonna first start off…by making the search results pretty.…We were doing a dump and die process…at the end of the last one to display 'em all.…So, I wanna go through, loop through the results,…and make them look a little bit nicer to the user.…And then also, in case we get too many search results back…we're gonna talk about how we can paginate…the search results and make it…searchable through pagination.…
All right, so here we are…where we left off in the previous video.…Now, one of the biggest things we wanna do is,…we wanna these search results look a little bit nicer.…So, we wanna get rid of this die and dump method…or dump and die method, and just make this look…a lot nicer to the user, so we can,…it really looks like an end user type of experience.…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.