Learn how to run Apache as a Windows service which is a convenient method for installation because it can run in the background without requiring an active command line window.
- [Instructor] I previously described…how to install Apache on Windows…as an individual component by extracting the Apache files…to the local hard disk and then running the HTTP executable…as a command line application.…But you can also run Apache as a Windows service.…This is a bit more convenient…because it can run in the background…and you don't need to keep a command window open…to keep it running.…To install Apache as a service,…go to a Command Prompt as Administrator.…If you're prompted with the user account control dialog,…click yes.…
In the command window, switch to the Apache bin directory.…Just as before, I'm going to run the httpd command,…but this time I'll add these arguments,…dash k install.…I'll see the message…the Apache 2.4 service is successfully installed.…If there are any errors in your configuration file,…they will be reported here…and you'll have to go back and correct them…before the service can be started up.…But if you don't see any errors,…you're ready to immediately start up the service.…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund14h 32m Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.