Learn to construct SQL queries, to use an open database connection to send SQL queries with mysqli_query, to capture the results, and to free up memory with mysqli_free_result when the results are no longer needed.
- [Instructor] Now that we know how to connect…to the database, in this movie, we will learn…to retrieve data using the MySQLI API.…In the last movie, we talked about the five…essential steps for PHP database interaction,…and in the last movie we learned about number one…and number five, creating the connection…and closing it when we're done.…In this movie, we're going to learn about number two…and number four, performing a database query,…getting back results, and then releasing those results…when we're done with them.…To query the database, we'll use another MySQLI…API function, MySQLI query, it has a companion function…which is MySQLI free result.…
MySQLI query is going to accept the first argument…which is the database connection, that's the handle…that we created in the last movie, that's how we refer…to that open connection.…We let it know what connection we want to use…to connect to the database.…And the second argument then is the query itself.…This is the actual SQL code, the kind of thing…that we were typing directly into MySQL before.…
- Organizing project files
- Including and requiring files
- Working with URL parameters
- Encoding dynamic content
- Modifying headers and page redirection
- Creating forms and processing form data
- MySQL basics
- Using PHP to access database tables
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting database records with PHP
- Validating data
- Preventing SQL injection
Skill Level Beginner
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Start a Database-Driven Project
2. Build Web Pages with PHP
3. Headers and Redirects
4. Build Forms with PHP
5. MySQL Basics
6. Use PHP to Access MySQL
7. CRUD with PHP
8. Validate Data with PHP
9. Prevent SQL Injection
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.