Each distribution of MySQL deals with the root user’s administrative password differently. Some installers leave the password blank, some assign a specific password, and others let you set the password during the installation process. It might be appropriate to change the admin password after the installation is done. Learn how.
- [Instructor] Each distribution of MySQL deals…with the root user's administrative password differently.…Some installers leave the password blank,…some assign a specific password, and others…let you set the password during the installation process…but you might want to change the admin password…after the installation is complete.…You can find instructions for this…on the MySQL website on this webpage…but these instruction, which are different…for various versions of MySQL, are somewhat complex…and honestly are only really needed…if you're dealing with a remote MySQL server.…
When your dealing with a local server,…you can do this much more easily…with an application called MySQL Admin.…First, you need to find your installation directory.…I'm working with WampServer and so my…installation directory is under C:\wamp64.…Under that directory, I'll go to bin,…then to MySQL, to the version-specific…MySQL directory, and then to bin again.…And this is where all of my executables are.…
Now, to open a command prompt I'll click on…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.