Discover how relational databases work and the important role that primary and foreign keys provide to relate records from one table to a record in another table.
- [Narrator] So far, we've been able to create…our subjects table and to populate it.…We also know that we're going to need a pages table as well…and our pages table is going to have a relationship…to our subjects table.…So it's worth taking a moment to talk about…how relational database tables work.…The idea behind them is simple,…but the results are powerful.…Imagine that for a subject like about globe bank,…it's going to have a set of pages…that should be listed underneath that subject.…This is what what we would call a one-to-many relationship…because we have one subject and then below it,…there are many pages.…
Those pages belong to that subject.…Why are these types of relationships important?…Imagine that when we display a page,…we want to show the name of the subject…that goes with that page.…We could store the subject name in the pages table…so we might have a pages table that looks like this.…You'll notice that the third column there is subject name…and you can see that I've repeated the subject name…
- Organizing project files
- Including and requiring files
- Working with URL parameters
- Encoding dynamic content
- Modifying headers and page redirection
- Creating forms and processing form data
- MySQL basics
- Using PHP to access database tables
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting database records with PHP
- Validating data
- Preventing SQL injection
Skill Level Beginner
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Start a Database-Driven Project
2. Build Web Pages with PHP
3. Headers and Redirects
4. Build Forms with PHP
5. MySQL Basics
6. Use PHP to Access MySQL
7. CRUD with PHP
8. Validate Data with PHP
9. Prevent SQL Injection
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.