Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Random text styling, part of Easy PHP Projects: Single-Serving Sites.
- In this movie, we'll continue working with random data.…We'll create a single-serving site that returns text…with random styling applied to it.…Here are the different styles that we'll be applying.…We are going to be using background-color again,…we've seen how to do that already.…We're also going to be using color, that is, the text color.…So we'll be choosing a different color…randomly for our text.…We'll choose a random font-size…so that our text might sometimes be small,…it might sometimes be large,…we'll choose a different text-alignment,…whether it's aligned to the left side of the screen…or the right side of the screen, or in the center.…
And then we'll also be applying…some styling to the text itself.…There are several different CSS properties…that control these styles.…There is font-weight for when we…want to make something bold,…font-style for when we want to make it italic,…text-decoration when we want to make it underline,…and text-transform when we want to make it uppercase.…You already have the skills with randomization…
- Finding and validating an IP address with PHP
- Parsing the HTTP request for browser details
- Comparing dates and times in PHP
- Randomizing data with PHP
- Styling page content dynamically
- Generating random sentences
Skill Level Beginner
1. What is My IP Address?
2. Browser Mirror
3. Is it New Years Yet?
4. Random Data and Styling
5. Random Phrase Generator
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.