Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Process date and time selections, part of Easy PHP Projects: Time Zone Conversion.
- [Voiceover] We've created selectors…for all of the parts of our date and time.…Now we need to combine those form values together…so that we can use them for building a date time object.…Before we work with the form values,…let's first do a bit of css clean up.…This doesn't look so great here.…The reason why is because all of these…are the all the same width…and that's 'cause I had a style declaration over here…telling it that all those selects should be 300 pixels wide.…And what I really want is for it to only apply…to these time zone lengths.…So I'm just gonna change this to be class…equals timezone.…
Let's put that same class here…on the other time zone selector.…Let's change our css to say form select dot timezone.…Let's save it.…We'll go back and we'll reload our page.…Okay so now they are a little shorter…but they are not all on one line.…They are a little bunched up…and that's because this area isn't quite wide enough.…So let's make it a bit wider as well.…Let's drop down here…and instead of having our dd be 250 wide…
- Understanding the history and purpose of time zones
- Setting a default time zone in PHP
- Using the PHP DateTime and DateTimeZone classes
- Working with daylight saving time transitions
- Allowing users to select their time zone
- Displaying times in the user's preferred time zone
- Calculating the current times of major cities
- Creating a complete time zone calculator
Skill Level Beginner
1. About Time Zones
2. Default Time Zone
3. Working with Time Zones in PHP
4. User Time Zone Selection
5. Respect the User's Time Zone
6. Current World Times
7. Time Zone Calculator
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.