Explore the most common problems with validation logic and how to avoid these pitfalls in Your own code in this video.
- [Instructor] In this movie,…we will talk about problems which can occur…in your validation logic.…These can be problems with any conditional logic,…but they're critical to get right…when we're working with validations.…Because if our validations fail us,…then we lose control of the data…coming into our application.…First, I wanted to look at some comparisons…that I think you're going to find are surprisingly true.…In PHP, if we compare zero with false,…it will return true.…If we compare four against true, it returns true.…
The same is true for every single one of these.…Take a moment, pause the movie if you need to.…Spend some time looking at these,…and realize how surprising some of these are.…For example, in the right column,…you'll notice that the number three…is equal to the string "3 dogs".…You'll also notice down at the bottom…that the number 100 is equal to the string "1e2".…What's going on here?…These are all surprisingly true evaluations.…In PHP if you compare these,…it's going to come back in every single one of these cases…
- Organizing project files
- Including and requiring files
- Working with URL parameters
- Encoding dynamic content
- Modifying headers and page redirection
- Creating forms and processing form data
- MySQL basics
- Using PHP to access database tables
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting database records with PHP
- Validating data
- Preventing SQL injection
Skill Level Beginner
1. Start a Database-Driven Project
2. Build Web Pages with PHP
3. Headers and Redirects
4. Build Forms with PHP
5. MySQL Basics
6. Use PHP to Access MySQL
7. CRUD with PHP
8. Validate Data with PHP
9. Prevent SQL Injection
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.