Port conflicts occur when there's more than one software application trying to "listen" on a particular port. The most common port conflict on Windows is caused by Skype, the software that's used to make phone calls over the web. Learn how to resolve this conflict by changing a setting in Skype.
- [Narrator] When you use the Apache HTTP Server on Windows,…whether you are using an individual component,…or you've installed it with WampServer,…the HTTP Server wants to listen on port 80.…If you have another application that's already registered…for that port, the Apache Server won't start.…This is what the error will look like…if you're starting Apache from the command line…with the individual installation.…You'll get this message that only one usage…of each socket address is allowed.…And it shows you right here the port that was the problem,…port 80.…
Now, you could reconfigure Apache to listen…on a different port, but it's more likely that you'll want…to figure out which software is creating the conflict.…One of the most common offending applications on Windows…is Skype, the software that lets you make phone calls…over the Internet.…Here is the problem.…When you install Skype Desktop on Windows,…by default, it reserves Ports 80 and 443.…I'll go to the Options dialog in Skype…and click on Advanced.…
And then on Connection.…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund14h 32m Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.