In this video, you will log into MySQL from the command line to try basic CRUD operations. Create new records, read existing records, update records, and delete records.
- [Instructor] In the previous movie, we learned the syntax…that we used to create, read, update,…and delete records in MySQL.…Let's start adding data to our subjects table…and take our new MySQL commands out for a test drive.…For my command line you can see that…I'm already using my globe bank database,…and then when I show the tables that are on that database,…you can see that I have my subjects table already created.…So if we use select all from subjects…then it'll show us all of the subjects that are…in the subjects table currently.…You can see that there's nothing in there.…
So now we need to do an insert to put some data in there.…So let's use that syntax for insert into subjects…and then I'm going to open my parentheses,…and I'm going to list out the columns…that I want to insert data into.…So I've got the id column, I've got the menu name column,…I've got position, and I've got visible.…I'm going to close my parentheses…and then I'm going to tell it what values should correspond…to those four columns.…
- Organizing project files
- Including and requiring files
- Working with URL parameters
- Encoding dynamic content
- Modifying headers and page redirection
- Creating forms and processing form data
- MySQL basics
- Using PHP to access database tables
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting database records with PHP
- Validating data
- Preventing SQL injection
Skill Level Beginner
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Start a Database-Driven Project
2. Build Web Pages with PHP
3. Headers and Redirects
4. Build Forms with PHP
5. MySQL Basics
6. Use PHP to Access MySQL
7. CRUD with PHP
8. Validate Data with PHP
9. Prevent SQL Injection
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.