Test-driven development is a paradigm that has become one of the most accepted ways to develop applications. It implements a different and unique way of viewing the application development process: make a test, develop code to pass the test, and test. This approach helps us test our code and detect inconsistencies before they happen. PHPUnit is one of the most common tools used to develop our test. This test suite gives you the necessary tools to accomplish a test-driven developed application.
- [Instructor] Test driven development…is another paradigm in which you write tests…and then write code to pass your tests.…This helps us in our development,…but also helps maintain the integrity of our application…by being constantly tested,…hence the word Test Driven Development, or TDD.…The HD unit is by far one…of the most often used testing frameworks.…While it is not the only testing framework,…it is easy to use and easy to implement.…So let's install PHPUnit with composer.…
So open composer.json again,…and on the required node, we'll add a new one…called phpunit/phpunit…and the version we're going to use is 3.7.*,…and let's go to the command line…and let's run composer update again.…The team at Symfony has been kind enough…to create an xml that holds our phpunit configuration.…
Let's clear the window, and now let's run the command…php./vendor/phpunit/phpunit/phpunit.php,…and as we can see, our tests have failed miserably.…So let's make them pass.…Let's go to our code, and let's go to our test folder.…Let's close this one out.…
- Installing Symfony
- Setting up the local environment
- Exploring the Symfony file structure
- Creating routes
- Sending parameters to a controller
- Using views
- Updating routes
- Creating templates with Twig
- Data modeling with Symfony
- Demo application deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP: Clean URLs on Apache Serverwith David Powers1h 36m Intermediate
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Symfony
Install Symfony1m 33s
2. Controllers in Symfony
3. Views in Symfony
4. Data Modeling with Symfony
5. Taking Symfony Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.