- What is PHP?
- Embedding PHP code on a page
- Inserting code comments
- Variables, strings, arrays, and Booleans
- If, else, and elseif statements
- While and for loops
- User-defined functions
- Function arguments and return values
- Debugging and troubleshooting
Skill Level Beginner
- [Kevin] Welcome to PHP Essential Training. My name is Kevin Skoglund. PHP allows writing simple code for webpages. If you've been using HTML to develop websites, PHP is a great next step. In this course, we're going to focus on learning the fundamentals of the PHP language. We will learn how to embed PHP code into an HTML page to output dynamic text. We will review the basic PHP data types, such as variables, strings, and arrays. Then we will learn about the different control structures in PHP, such as logical expressions and loops, which give us control over how our code executes.
We will cover many of PHP's built-in functions but also learn to define our own custom functions. By the end of this course, you'll have the basics you need to start adding PHP code to your webpages. Let's get started learning PHP.
1. PHP Overview
2. First Steps
3. Explore Data Types
4. Control Structures: Logical Expressions
5. Control Structures: Loops
6. User-Defined Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.