- Scalar type and return type declarations
- New operators in PHP 7
- Anonymous classes
- Arrays as constants
- Catchable exceptions and errors
- Integer division with intdiv()
- Deprecations and deletions
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Welcome to PHP 7 New Features. My name is Kevin Skoglund. In this course we will take a look at PHP Version Seven to learn all about its new features. We will learn how to use the most important features of PHP 7 including type declarations, the combined comparison operator, the null coalescing operator, and anonymous classes. We will discuss the many other smaller changes and improvements, such as assigning arrays to constants, unicode code points, and catchable errors. And finally, we will survey the old, unused features that are being deprecated or completely removed.
Let's get started, learning about the new features in PHP 7.
1. Major Features
3. Deprecations and Deletions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.