- View Offline
- Installing PHP 5.4 on Mac and Windows
- Using the built-in web server
- Monitoring upload progress
- Using the high-precision timer
- Using class member access on instantiation
- Introducing horizontal reuse
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Drew Falkman. In this course, we're gonna go over some of the new features that have been added in the latest release of PHP 5.4. PHP 5.4 includes numerous enhancements to save memory usage and increase the speed and power with which it delivers your application. Additionally, it provides a host of more advanced features, a built-in web server, improvements to arrays, a host of new functions and syntax upgrades, and the addition of Traits, a powerful object-orient reuse mechanism that allows you to create special classes that can share their functionality with other classes without having to extend them.
I'm excited to introduce you to these new advancements on what was already a great programming environment. So let's gets started.