Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video PHP 5 deprecations, part of PHP 7 New Features.
- [Voiceover] In this movie, we're going to discuss…the things that were deprecated in PHP 5…that are now being removed completely in PHP 7.…In other words, you had your warning…that things were going to go away.…Hopefully you've moved off of them and stopped using them,…because now it's time for them to actually disappear.…The first of these are the ereg functions.…These are old style regular expression functions,…and hopefully you've moved off of them,…and you're using the newer preg functions instead.…
The new ones are the Perl Compatible Regular Expressions.…This has been deprecated since PHP 5.3,…so you've had plenty of time to move off of them,…and I think most people have.…Second, all of the mysql functions are going to go away.…That doesn't mean there's no support for mysql anymore,…but the ones that are mysql_, those all go away.…Instead, you should be using mysqli functions or the…object oriented versions for connecting to the database.…
That's been deprecated since PHP 5.5.…It's been less time, but it's an important change…
- Scalar type and return type declarations
- New operators in PHP 7
- Anonymous classes
- Arrays as constants
- Catchable exceptions and errors
- Integer division with intdiv()
- Deprecations and deletions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Major Features
3. Deprecations and Deletions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.