Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video PHP 4 constructors, part of PHP 7 New Features.
- [Voiceover] While PHP 7 is going to bring us lots of new…features and improvements, it's also going to take some…things away.…And the way that you take things away responsibly…with software updates, is by first deprecating them,…so that everyone knows ahead of time that they're…going to go away, and they get deprecation notices…whenever they use it, saying,…"Hey, this feature is going to go away in the future."…And then, eventually, after a period of time has passed,…and everyone's had time to adjust, things get removed.…So in this chapter we're going to talk about the things…that have been deprecated and the things…that have been removed.…
We're gonna start off by talking about PHP 4 Constructors.…These are something that has been deprecated.…If you've been using PHP for more than 10 years, you may be…familiar with the old constructor syntax used in PHP 4.…PHP 4 constructors are methods which have the same name…as the class that they're defined in.…So here, in this example, I have a class called user,…and in it is a function…
- Scalar type and return type declarations
- New operators in PHP 7
- Anonymous classes
- Arrays as constants
- Catchable exceptions and errors
- Integer division with intdiv()
- Deprecations and deletions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Major Features
3. Deprecations and Deletions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.