- View Offline
- Historical overview of object-oriented PHP
- Defining classes
- Creating a method/object context with $this
- Accessing classes without instantiation
- Creating a database class
- Extending and abstracting classes
- Cloning and comparing objects
- Error handling with exceptions
- Implementing design patterns, such as the factory and strategy patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jon Peck and welcome to Object-Oriented Programming with PHP. In this course, we'll look at the fundamentals of object-oriented programming with practical PHP examples. I'll start by showing you how PHP implements classes and properties by creating an object. Then show you how PHP's magic methods and class relationships work. We'll build a system for storing street addresses that uses design patterns. We'll be covering all these topics, plus plenty of other tools and techniques used in PHP applications all around the web.
Let's get started with Object-Oriented Programming with PHP.