Object-Oriented Programming with PHP
Whether you're enhancing or optimizing existing code or just starting from scratch, there's never a better time to start integrating object-oriented design techniques. This course shows how to integrate the principles of object-oriented programming into the build of a PHP-driven web page or application. After an overview of what objects and classes are and why they should be used, author Jon Peck dives into creating and instantiating objects, then defining the class relationships and interactions that will form the basis of your coding arsenal. The course also shows how to leverage PHP objects and implement design patterns, and looks at steps you can take to continue adding to your programming tool belt.
- Historical overview of object-oriented PHP
- Defining classes
- Creating a method/object context with $this
- Accessing classes without instantiation
- Creating a database class
- Extending and abstracting classes
- Cloning and comparing objects
- Error handling with exceptions
- Implementing design patterns, such as the factory and strategy patterns
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jon Peck and welcome to Object-Oriented Programming with PHP. In this course, we'll look at the fundamentals of object-oriented programming with practical PHP examples. I'll start by showing you how PHP implements classes and properties by creating an object. Then show you how PHP's magic methods and class relationships work. We'll build a system for storing street addresses that uses design patterns. We'll be covering all these topics, plus plenty of other tools and techniques used in PHP applications all around the web.
Let's get started with Object-Oriented Programming with PHP.
HTML5: Graphics and Animation with Canvas359,483 Views
Up and Running with Node.js296,908 Views
Foundations of Programming: Test-Driven Development275,748 Views
WordPress: Developing with Sass and Grunt.js85,450 Views
WordPress: Custom Post Types and Taxonomies143,170 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,283,533 Views
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basics2,284,490 Views
Git Essential Training2,861,219 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,024,214 Views