Object-Oriented Programming with PHP
Whether you're enhancing or optimizing existing code or just starting from scratch, there's never a better time to start integrating object-oriented design techniques. This course shows how to integrate the principles of object-oriented programming into the build of a PHP-driven web page or application. After an overview of what objects and classes are and why they should be used, author Jon Peck dives into creating and instantiating objects, then defining the class relationships and interactions that will form the basis of your coding arsenal. The course also shows how to leverage PHP objects and implement design patterns, and looks at steps you can take to continue adding to your programming tool belt.
- Historical overview of object-oriented PHP
- Defining classes
- Creating a method/object context with $this
- Accessing classes without instantiation
- Creating a database class
- Extending and abstracting classes
- Cloning and comparing objects
- Error handling with exceptions
- Implementing design patterns, such as the factory and strategy patterns
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jon Peck and welcome to Object-Oriented Programming with PHP. In this course, we'll look at the fundamentals of object-oriented programming with practical PHP examples. I'll start by showing you how PHP implements classes and properties by creating an object. Then show you how PHP's magic methods and class relationships work. We'll build a system for storing street addresses that uses design patterns. We'll be covering all these topics, plus plenty of other tools and techniques used in PHP applications all around the web.
Let's get started with Object-Oriented Programming with PHP.
Making Money with Airbnb32,113 Views
Up and Running with Constant Contact85,862 Views
Up and Running with the Nikon D5200 and D5300126,608 Views
Sheet Metal Design with Inventor28,131 Views
HTML5: Graphics and Animation with Canvas349,223 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basics2,199,079 Views
Git Essential Training2,578,682 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training999,394 Views