Thank you for watching PHP: Object-Oriented Programming with Databases.
- I would like to thank you for taking PHP…object-oriented programming with databases.…I hope that you've gained useful strategies…for working with databases in an object-oriented way.…The active record design pattern that we used…to create, read, update, and delete records…can be reused in other projects,…and further improved to add more flexibility…and more features.…Most importantly, I hope that you've found…that database interactivity becomes simpler…and more manageable using OOP techniques.…
The next step is to try using these same techniques…in your own projects.…I look forward to seeing some of the amazing…database-driven PHP projects that you develop…and launch online.…Until then, happy coding.…
Note: This is an intermediate-level training course that assumes you have existing knowledge of PHP. To refresh your skills, check out PHP Essential Training and PHP: Object-Oriented Programming.
- Creating a project database and tables
- Connecting to the database
- Database queries with OOP
- The active record design pattern
- Defining a database-driven class
- Performing common database tasks with OOP
- Creating inheritable and reusable code
- Object-oriented user authentication
- Object-oriented pagination
Skill Level Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
PHP: Accessing Databases with PDO and MySQLiwith David Powers3h 47m Intermediate
1. Overview and Project Setup
2. The Database Connection
3. Define a Database-Driven Class
4. Object-Oriented CRUD
5. Object-Oriented Authentication
6. Object-Oriented Pagination
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.