Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of PHP with MySQL Essential Training: 1 The Basics.
- [Kevin] I would like to thank you for taking…PHP with MySQL Essential Training, part one, with me.…We covered a lot of techniques together.…We learned how to organize PHP pages,…how to send and read values in the URL string,…how to create and process forms,…how to perform basic CRUD operations on the database,…and how to validate and sanitize dynamic data.…Together, these techniques are the building blocks…for web development with PHP and MySQL.…In fact, you should have the tools you need now…to create a public site.…
It's just using these same skills…and reading from the database.…If you're feeling adventurous,…I would encourage you to try it on your own.…This course also continues in part two.…And in part two, I will demonstrate…how to build that public area,…including features like page navigation,…and techniques for managing HTML content in the database.…I'll show you how to nest the admin area…for our pages underneath the subject,…and we'll use the session to keep track of messages,…even when a page is redirected.…
- Organizing project files
- Including and requiring files
- Working with URL parameters
- Encoding dynamic content
- Modifying headers and page redirection
- Creating forms and processing form data
- MySQL basics
- Using PHP to access database tables
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting database records with PHP
- Validating data
- Preventing SQL injection
Skill Level Beginner
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Start a Database-Driven Project
2. Build Web Pages with PHP
3. Headers and Redirects
4. Build Forms with PHP
5. MySQL Basics
6. Use PHP to Access MySQL
7. CRUD with PHP
8. Validate Data with PHP
9. Prevent SQL Injection
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.