Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Easy PHP Projects: Time Zone Conversion.
- [Voiceover] I hope that these Time Zone Conversion…projects have given you insight…into the complexity of working with Time Zones,…but also taught you how to work with PHP's…Date and Time Functions to manage that complexity.…I want you to feel comfortable the next time…you face a project that uses dates and times…around the world.…These projects are only a small sample…of what you can do.…But in them, are the techniques you will use…over and over again.…I also hope that throughout this course…you were able to pick up some PHP techniques…and best practices that you can use…in other programming projects.…
- Understanding the history and purpose of time zones
- Setting a default time zone in PHP
- Using the PHP DateTime and DateTimeZone classes
- Working with daylight saving time transitions
- Allowing users to select their time zone
- Displaying times in the user's preferred time zone
- Calculating the current times of major cities
- Creating a complete time zone calculator
Skill Level Beginner
1. About Time Zones
2. Default Time Zone
3. Working with Time Zones in PHP
4. User Time Zone Selection
5. Respect the User's Time Zone
6. Current World Times
7. Time Zone Calculator
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.