Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Easy PHP Projects: Measurement Conversion.
- I hope that this Measurement Conversion Project…has taught you something about each of the different systems…of measurement and how you can use PHP…to convert between the different units in each system.…If you want to go further,…you could add support for more units…to the existing measurement types…or you can allow converting other measurements altogether.…Back in the course introduction,…I gave you a list of other measurement types you could try,…such as acceleration, density and energy,…or you could instead add bells and whistles…to our conversion forms,…maybe add some JavaScsript…or a better user interface.…
I also hope that throughout this course…you were able to pick up some PHP techniques…and best practices that you can use…in your other programming projects.…I wish you luck with them.…Happy coding.…
Along the way, series designer Kevin Skoglund introduces coding strategies, refactoring techniques, and useful skills including dynamically generating form select-option values and formatting decimal numbers and scientific notation.
- Converting length and area measurements
- Using functions to avoid repetition
- Refactoring to produce simpler code
- Converting volume and mass
- Generating form select-option values dynamically
- Formatting scientific notation
- Converting speed and temperature
Skill Level Beginner
PHP: Accessing Databases with PDO and MySQLiwith David Powers3h 47m Intermediate
1. Length and Distance
3. Volume and Capacity
4. Mass and Weight
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.