Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Easy PHP Projects: Password Utilities.
- I hope that these example projects…have taught you about how passwords are constructed,…how to use randomness in PHP,…and what makes a password strong and resistant…to hacking attempts.…These Password Utilities aren't necessarily…going to be a good fit for every project.…But, they can be useful in some.…And the principles behind them,…can be applied universally.…These projects are starting points.…You can use your creativity to take them all further.…And, I hope that you will.…I also hope that you've picked some PHP techniques…and best practices that you can use…in other programming projects.…
- Building a randomized string with PHP
- Allowing password configuration
- Choosing random words from a dictionary
- Picking words of specific lengths
- Creating a rating function to rate password strength
- Using CSS to display a color-coded strength meter
Skill Level Beginner
1. Password Generator
2. Readable Password Generator
3. Password Strength Meter
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.