Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Easy PHP Projects: Single-Serving Sites.
- I hope that the examples and projects in this course…have given you an appreciation for what can be…accomplished with a simple HTML page…and a little sprinkle of PHP.…Some of the sights we've seen as an example…have been enormously popular.…You don't have to be fancy to attract attention…and sometimes less is more.…These projects are just a small sample…of what you can do.…All our examples were intentionally very simple.…They did not use a data base, but they could have.…They did not call an API or another service…like Google Maps or weather forecasting service,…but they could have.…
The point is to keep a single serving sight focused…on doing only one thing and doing that thing…really well.…I hope that you'll feel inspired and gather…your creative ideas and make a Single-Serving…Site of your own.…Happy coding.…
- Finding and validating an IP address with PHP
- Parsing the HTTP request for browser details
- Comparing dates and times in PHP
- Randomizing data with PHP
- Styling page content dynamically
- Generating random sentences
Skill Level Beginner
1. What is My IP Address?
2. Browser Mirror
3. Is it New Years Yet?
4. Random Data and Styling
5. Random Phrase Generator
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.