The aim of this video is to make you understand how to modify a user’s subscription.
- [Instructor] Alright so now that we've gone ahead…and set a user up with a subscription,…of course eventually a user is inevitably going to need…to modify their subscription.…They might want to change it from yearly to monthly…or monthly to yearly and so forth,…and so we're gonna give them the ability to change…their subscription at any time.…So we'll talk about how you can upgrade…or downgrade a user to a different plan in this video.…It's actually a pretty simple process,…laravel cashier handles most of it.…And in the second part of this video we'll talk about…canceling a subscription altogether.…Alright so here we are back inside of our project.…If I go to our homepage you can see this is where…we show the people that they are subscribed…or not subscribed.…
Now what I wanna do is offer the ability for a user…to upgrade or downgrade their subscription…depending on the subscription they're currently on.…So the way I wanna do this, I'm actually gonna kinda…rework this page.…This page, it did good for showing us exactly…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.