Discover what HTTP headers are and learn to modify them to return 404 and 500 errors instead of HTML responses.
- [Narrator] In this chapter,…we will learn about page headers…and page redirects.…Page redirects in particular…are an essential web development skill.…We're going to begin by learning…about headers and how to modify them.…Let's begin by reviewing the way…in which a web server processes…a request that comes from a browser.…A request goes from the browser,…to the web server software.…The web server software looks…for the correct PHP file…and then reads that file,…processes the PHP code that's inside,…assembles an HTML response…and sends it back to the browser.…
The web server also sends…a small amount of data…just before the HTML response.…Which provides basic information to the browser…about what to expect from the content to follow.…It's similar to the cover page sent…with the fax document…telling you how many pages total…to expect in the fax.…This data is called the HTTP header…and every response that uses the HTTP protocol has one.…Here's an example of an HTTP header.…You can see it says the protocol is HTTP.…
It also says the status code is 200 OK.…
- Organizing project files
- Including and requiring files
- Working with URL parameters
- Encoding dynamic content
- Modifying headers and page redirection
- Creating forms and processing form data
- MySQL basics
- Using PHP to access database tables
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting database records with PHP
- Validating data
- Preventing SQL injection
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basicswith Kevin Skoglund10h 26m Intermediate
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Start a Database-Driven Project
2. Build Web Pages with PHP
3. Headers and Redirects
4. Build Forms with PHP
5. MySQL Basics
6. Use PHP to Access MySQL
7. CRUD with PHP
8. Validate Data with PHP
9. Prevent SQL Injection
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.