Once WampServer is installed, it is easily managed through either the administration menu that's available from the system tray icon or by opening configuration files directly from the Wamp folder. Learn how to manage the server and some of the capabilities available in the administrative menu.
- [Instructor] Once you have WampServer installed,…you can manage it easily, either through the admin menu…or by opening configuration files directly…from the Wamp installation directory.…Here's some of the capabilities you have…under the administration menu.…Under Apache, you can set up Apache modules,…turning modules on and off.…You'll be affecting the configuration file…and if you prefer, you can edit…that configuration file directly.…You can instead go back to the Apache directory,…and then click on httpd.conf.…
It'll open up in whichever text editor you selected…during the installation process.…My preference is to use TextPad.…If you selected Notepad, you might find…that this configuration file is hard to work with…in that particular text editor.…I recommend using a more advanced text editor if you can.…Now let's say you wanted to find out how PHP is configured.…I'm going to do a search for php5.…Now remember, when I installed WampServer,…it defaulted to using php5, and sure enough…here's the LoadModule directive.…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.