The aim of this video is to give you an overview about how to log in existing users and create new ones.
- [Instructor] All right, so we got all of our controllers…and models set up to kinda handle that logic in the last…video and now it's time to actually process the login.…So once those users are sent back from Socialite,…we want to get the information and we're actually in charge…of managing that and doing whatever we want with it.…So in this video, what we're gonna do is when a user…is given to us after being logged in…through and authenticated through a service,…we're then gonna go ahead and either log them in…to our application if they're an existing user…or if we can't identify them as an existing user,…we're gonna go ahead and create an account…for them and then log 'em in.…
So that's gonna be kind of the point…and logic of this video and by the end of this video,…we'll basically be to the point that we can start…plugging in specific service providers…and we should basically be to the point that you can add…any service provider you want.…So in this video, we're gonna create the routes…necessary to manage our social login steps.…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.