The aim of this video is to make you understand how to add authentication to the presence channel.
- [Instructor] Alright, so now that we've gone ahead,…we actually ran into one minor problem at the…end of the last video and that is that it said…we were not authenticated to use this presence channel.…And that's what I wanna talk about in this video…is focusing around authentication,…because that is something we need to be aware of…because presence channels, at their core,…are private channels, they require authentication.…So, the question is,…how do we authenticate a user against a channel?…And that's what we're going to be working on in this video.…So we're gonna learn how to do exactly that.…How to add authentication to channels,…how we can control that,…and then we're also going to make…a few changes to our bootstrap.js.…
I noticed an error when we were debugging the last one,…that it said we need to add a cluster and…encryption settings and I kinda forgot about that.…So we're gonna go back and add that.…And then, finally, we'll just test this in the browser.…Display the updated count to users using v.js.…
First, discover how to extend the native authentication system and add social sign-on capabilities with Laravel Socialite. Then learn how to implement efficient search indexing and enable live search results with Laravel Scout. Next, find out how to handle payments and subscriptions, including free trials, with Laravel Cashier, and implement broadcasting and live updates—without refreshing the page—using Echo. By the end of the course, you will know how to install, configure, and leverage these packages for all of your Laravel app development needs.
Note: This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing.
- Setting up social sign-on with Laravel Socialite
- Enabling sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google, and GitHub
- Search indexing with Scout
- Offering subscriptions with Cashier
- Offering free trials and coupons
- Generating invoices
- Creating a blog comments system with Echo
- Providing live updates for comments
Skill Level Intermediate
Laravel 5 Essential Training: 1 The Basicswith Bernardo Pineda2h 41m Intermediate
Consuming RESTful APIs in PHP with Guzzlewith Justin Yost2h 12m Intermediate
1. Laravel Socialite
2. Laravel Scout
3. Laravel Cashier
4. Laravel Echo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.