A PHP link is simply an HTML link, however you can use PHP to help us create URLs for use in Your links. In particular, you will learn to work with easier-to-use absolute URLs instead of relative URLs.
- [Instructor] In the previous chapter,…we built a simple web page and learned…how to create reusable page assets.…In this chapter, we're going to work…on building webpages using PHP.…Let's begin by learning how to create links between pages.…You should already know how to code a simple HTML link.…We use a tags around the word that we want to link,…and then we use the href attribute…of the a tag to define where we want the link…to go to, in this case, index.php.…Now, the first thing you should know is…that there's no such thing as a PHP link.…
It's still an HTML link.…We can use PHP in order to generate the link,…but the output will still be a string…that creates an HTML link.…So, the second example is using PHP,…but it's still creating an HTML link…exactly like the first one.…Notice that it's using the word echo…to output the string index.php.…echo is very important.…We have to make sure that we actually output the content…from PHP into the HTML in order to have it work.…Let's start by adding a link to our project…
- Organizing project files
- Including and requiring files
- Working with URL parameters
- Encoding dynamic content
- Modifying headers and page redirection
- Creating forms and processing form data
- MySQL basics
- Using PHP to access database tables
- Creating, reading, updating, and deleting database records with PHP
- Validating data
- Preventing SQL injection
Skill Level Beginner
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applicationswith Drew Falkman2h 57m Intermediate
1. Start a Database-Driven Project
2. Build Web Pages with PHP
3. Headers and Redirects
4. Build Forms with PHP
5. MySQL Basics
6. Use PHP to Access MySQL
7. CRUD with PHP
8. Validate Data with PHP
9. Prevent SQL Injection
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.