- Installing Symfony
- Setting up the local environment
- Exploring the Symfony file structure
- Creating routes
- Sending parameters to a controller
- Using views
- Updating routes
- Creating templates with Twig
- Data modeling with Symfony
- Demo application deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Bernard] PHP frameworks are a powerful tool for quickly building web applications. Learning how to use these frameworks will help you take your PHP projects to the next level. I'm Bernard Pineda. I'm a full-stack independent developer. I've been working on back-end applications for more than 15 years and I've been teaching for the past 10. I'm passionate about developing novel applications from their conception to delivery and deployment. In this course, we'll be building a PHP base web app in Symfony.
We'll generate a database structure and connect to the database using Doctrine. We'll also learn how to debug an application using the profiler and add external libraries using composer. We'll also take a look into the test-driven development paradigm with PHPUnit. You will learn about Symfony's implementation of the MVC paradigm. We'll be working with views, routes, controllers, and the use of an ORM. I'm excited to share with you what we can accomplish with Symfony. Let's get started.
PHP: Clean URLs on Apache Serverwith David Powers1h 35m Intermediate
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Symfony
Install Symfony1m 33s
2. Controllers in Symfony
3. Views in Symfony
4. Data Modeling with Symfony
5. Taking Symfony Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.