WampServer is a popular and easy to install, free bundle that includes Apache, PHP, MySQL, and PHPMyAdmin built for Windows. Choose the desired version of WampServer, either 32- or 64-bits, and learn how to install it.
- [Instructor] There are a number…of different AMP bundles for Windows,…but perhaps the most popular is called WampServer.…It's available at this website,…at www.wampserver.com/en.…It includes Apache, PHP and MySQL.…It'll default to PHP 7.1, but it also makes it easy…to go back to PHP 5 if you need it.…It also includes phpMyAdmin, the web-based interface…for managing your MySQL databases,…and you'll be able to use either that…or MySQL Workbench to manage your data.…
From the homepage, scroll down toward the bottom…to the Downloads section.…You'll see that there are versions…for 32- and 64-bit Windows,…and you also see a listing of the versions…of the different software components that are included,…WampServer 3, Apache 2.4,…PHP 5.6 and 7.0, and MySQL 5.7.…I've already downloaded the 64-bit installer…to my desktop, and I'll fire it up by double-clicking.…
I'll go through the initial prompts,…and then I'll select my setup language.…You can choose from English and French.…Read through the license agreement,…and then if you accept it, click the appropriate buttons,…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.