WampServer comes with particular versions of Apache, PHP and MySQL pre-installed. If different versions are desired, though, learn where to download them and how to install them separately as add-ons.
- [Instructor] WampServer's installed…with a specific set of components in versions.…There are two versions of PHP,…one for PHP 5 and one for PHP 7…and one version each of Apache and MySQL.…You might want to install a different version…of any of these components though,…either to match your production environment…or in the case of PHP,…to make sure that you actually have the real,…most recent version, 7.1.…You can do all this with Add-ons…that are available for download from SourceForge.…
I'll go to my browser and I'll navigate…to SourceForge.net/projects/wampserver.…On this screen, I'll click on the Files link…and from there, I'll go to WampServer 3…and then I'll continue scrolling down to WampServer 3.0.0…and then to Add-ons.…Under Add-ons, I'll find that there are sub-directories…for MariaDB, a fork of MySQL;…for Apache, for MySQL…and then for the one I'm interested in, PHP.…
Under PHP, I'll see that there are two installers…for PHP 7.1.…I'll hover the mouse over each of these…to see what I'm looking at…and I'll see that the first one is for x64,…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
PHP with MySQL Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund14h 32m Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.