Whether we just want test out Symfony or want to build an application to a specific version of Symfony, there are a couple of ways to install Symfony. You can clone a copy from the GitHub repository, use the Symfony installer, or use Composer to install a copy. Explore each option you have to install Symfony.
- [Instructor] There are several ways to install Symfony.…But the easiest way is to use the Symfony installer.…From the Symfony page, just go to documentation…and setup and we have the commands…for Linux, macOS and Windows systems.…So let's just copy this command…on the command line.…We may need our password.…And let's copy the other commands.…And let's change our permissions on the files…so we can execute it.…
To confirm that the installer is correctly set up…let's run the simple command.…Symfony, minus minus, version.…Now let's create a new application…with Symfony,…new,…my_first_app.…This will download, install and…let us know if we lack any dependencies for our machine.…So now let's change into that folder with cd, my_first_app.…
And run the following command,…php bin/console…server:run.…And we have our application running.…If we open up our browser,…open up a new one and say localhost, on port 8000.…We have successfully installed Symfony on our machine.…
- Installing Symfony
- Setting up the local environment
- Exploring the Symfony file structure
- Creating routes
- Sending parameters to a controller
- Using views
- Updating routes
- Creating templates with Twig
- Data modeling with Symfony
- Demo application deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP: Clean URLs on Apache Serverwith David Powers1h 36m Intermediate
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Symfony
Install Symfony1m 33s
2. Controllers in Symfony
3. Views in Symfony
4. Data Modeling with Symfony
5. Taking Symfony Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.