Just like Apache, installation of PHP on Ubuntu Linux uses the apt-get package manager. In addition to learning the PHP software installation, this video demonstrates command configuration of PHP and Apache and how they work together to restart the server, a requirement for running PHP.
- [Narrator] After installing Apache,…the next step is to install PHP.…Once again, I'll do this from the command line.…I'll start with sudo apt-get install…and then I'll type in php.…Now you need more than just the PHP module.…You also need a module to connect Apache to PHP…and one to connect my MySQL.…Type these in exactly as you see them here.…The first one is named libapache2…- mod-php.…
Then there's one named php-mcrypt…and finally on named php-mysql.…If prompted for your password, type it in…and if you get a very brief listing like I did,…that means you typed it in wrong.…I'll press the up arrow to bring that back…and I see that I've added in an extra E.…I'll delete that and then…that shows the actual listing of…the modules that need to be installed.…I'll confirm and it'll take a few moments…for everything to be downloaded…and installed to my computer.…
Now, when I install PHP, the configuration for Apache…will be done automatically, so I don't need to go…into the configuration file right away…and make changes and then restart Apache.…
- Installing Apache on Windows
- Working with PHP on Windows and macOS
- Installing MySQL on Windows and macOS
- Adding MySQL bin directory to the PATH
- Starting and stopping Apache on macOS
- Configuring personal site folders
- Installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL on Linux
- Installing and managing WampServer
- Defining WampServer directory aliases
- Installing MAMP on macOS
- Configuring Apache and MySQL server ports on MAMP
- Handling port conflicts on Windows and macOS
- Configuring the Apache web document root
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the AMP Stack
2. Install Separate Components on Windows
3. Install Separate Components on macOS
4. Install LAMP on Ubuntu Linux
5. Get Started with WampServer on Windows
6. Get Started with MAMP on macOS
7. Common Tasks and Troubleshooting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.